The crossfire server is the heart of the game. Crossfire is designed around a central server with each client being able to log in and separately interact with the crossfire world.
Servers can be classified by the type of source code they run:
- these servers are running a stable release of crossfire
- these servers are running the latest development release of crossfire
- these servers are running a non-standard version of crossfire
Server hosts may also choose to modify certain aspects of the game to suit their preference.
- A popular modification is to the experience curve and experience loss upon death
to make a particular server more or less challenging.
tickrate - Currently by default all servers run a tickrate of 120ms between ticks, or, 8.33 ticks per second. The tickrate is used to determine many in game properties like the time, movement and attack speed, grace and sp regeneration and food consumption.
- Maps may be added or removed from particular servers to improve the in game experience.
- Information about advertised servers
- Guide to hosting your own server
Platform server installation guides