Characters are generated by players to find honour, uphold justice, make money, and grow more powerful. Characters can battle on their own or form parties. Characters can gain experience.
Characters are a combination of a class and race which determine their primary stats and secondary stats along with unique properties that improve their chances of survival.
Race and Class must be selected upon creation of a character and can never be changed. These selections will impact upon your starting Primary Stats. Race modifies the maximum stat bonus permanently whilst class only impacts on the starting stat bonus.
Characters are created by the selection of:
The race of the character:
The class of the character:
These stats play a critical role in determining the output of a characters application of skills and the values of secondary stats.
- a measure of the physical strength. Can affect damage and how much can be carrierd without losing speed. Also affects how often the character can attack.
- measures physical agility. Helps the character avoid being hit. Affects the Armour Class and the speed
- measures physical health and toughness. Affects the maximum Hit Points.
- measures ability to learn skills and incantations (both prayers and magic).
- measures the ability to learn/use divine magic. Affects Maximum Grace.
- measures magical potential. Affects the maximum Spell Points and Grace gained per level.
- measures social and leadership abilities. Affects the prices when buying and selling items.
These stats are sort of like 'meters' that define how much power, life, ability etc. your character has. They are often heavily based off the primary stats. They tend to fluctuate as the player progresses.
(Based off score
) - A rating of overall ability whose value is determined from the score. As the level of the character increases, the character becomes able to succeed at more difficult tasks. level starts at a value of 0 and may range up beyond 100. The value of the stat which appears in the stat window is sometimes known as the overall level.
(Aggregate of the experience
of a characters skills
) - The total accumulated experience of the character. score is increased as a reward for appropriate player action and may decrease as a result of a magical attack or character death. The score starts at a value of 0.
Hit Points (HP)
- Measures of how much damage the player can take before dying. Hit points are determined from the player level and are influenced by the value of the character CON. Hp value may range between 1 to beyond 500 and higher values indicate a greater ability to withstand punishment.
(Gr) - How favored the character is by the gods. In game terms, how much divine magic a character can cast. Character level, WIS and POW effect what the value of grace is. During play, grace values may exceed the character maximum; grace can take on large positive and negative values. Positive values indicate favor by the gods.
- Measures of how much “fuel” the player has for casting incantations. Mana is calculated from the character level and the value of the character POW. Mana values can range between 1 to beyond 500. Higher values indicate greater amounts of mana.
- How fast the player may move. The value of speed may range between nearly 0 (”very slow”) to higher than 5 (”lightning fast.”) Base speed is determined from the DEX and modified downward proportionally by the amount of weight carried which exceeds the Max Carry limit. The armour worn also sets the upper limit on speed.
- Appears in parentheses after the speed in the stat window. This quantity is how many attacks the player may make per server tick
. Higher values indicate faster attack speed. Current weapon and user DEX effect the value of weapon speed.
- How much damage a melee/missile attack by the character will inflict. Higher values indicate a greater amount of damage will be inflicted with each attack.
Weapon Class (WC)
- How skilled the characters melee/missile attack is. Lower values indicate a more potent, skilled attack. Current weapon, user level and STR are some things which effect the value of Wc. The value of Wc may range between 25 and -72.
Armour Class (AC)
- How protected the character is from being hit by any attack. Lower values are better. Ac is based on the character class and is modified by the DEX and current armour worn. For characters that cannot wear armour, Ac improves as their level increases.
- How much damage will be subtracted from successful hits made upon the character by the listed attack type
. For non damaging attack types
, the resistance value affects saving throw and reduces duration. Higher values are better.
- How full the character’s stomach is. Ranges between 0 (starving) and 999 (satiated). At a value of 0 the character begins to die. Some magic can speed up or slow down the character digestion. Healing wounds will speed up digestion too.
- The likelihood of a wizardry spell cast failing due to equipment getting in the way
These properties changed how a character inherently behaves.
These effects typically only last a short duration are generally associated with combat:
For information on development and technical aspects of spells: dev:characters